Stay Lean in Quarantine
Staying active and healthy is extremely important at times like this, so The Gym on Level 5 of The Cube is bringing the workout directly to your living room. For the next few weeks, The Gym’s personal trainers will be bringing you a range of full body interactive workouts designed to take care of your wellbeing, both mentally and physically.
Be sure to follow @clubandspabham on Instagram for updates and workouts – which will include high intensity Hiit workouts and boxercise, as well as bodyweight challenges and kettlebell blasts.
The Gym understands that not everyone will have a readymade home gym to use, so to ensure no one misses out on these fantastic home workouts, the team has come up with five top tips to create the ideal gym in your own home.
1) Tins are weights too – Who needs free weights when you have cupboards full of tins and jars? You can still follow the workouts perfectly using tins of soup for your shoulder, triceps and bicep exercises, and heavier bottles of water and pop, or even suitable furniture for heavier squat or lunge challenges.
2) Get creative with household items – Use anything you think will help you even if it means digging out the kids’ old heavy toys and skipping ropes. For the time being the stairs are your new cardio machines, and heavy books (and maybe beer bottles) are your new dumbbells. Remember dining room chairs are perfect for leg raises and sofa cushions make perfect balancing tools…the list is endless!
3) Keep hydrated – Make sure when working out at home, you look after yourself just as you would at the gym, which includes drinking lots of water and making sure you cool down properly at the end of every workout. The Gym also suggests ensuring your heating is turned off, and on particularly warm days, open your windows an hour prior to your workout so your home is a good temperature.
4) Maintain your usual routine – If you used to prefer a morning workout before work, then stick to this time, and the same for evening exercises. It is important to try to maintain your normal routine as much as possible.
5) Don’t forget your mat – Before completing any home exercises, make sure you have a mat laid down for any floor work to protect yourself from injury. If you do not have a workout or yoga mat at home, you can always use a comfy rug, beach towel, children’s playmat or other similar items.
For more information about theclubandspa, visit www.theclubandspabirmingham.co.uk or follow on Instagram @clubandspabham.
At The Cube